Was Hitler doing God’s work?

Image

I knew the title of this post would get your attention but this is the question I intend to answer in this post. One of the most horrific events in world history was the Holocaust. Millions of Jews in Germany lost their lives under the iron fist of Adolf Hitler. Most people would probably admit that Adolf Hitler was the worst human to ever walk this earth with Stalin being the second and he is currently burning in hell or is he?

According to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum “The Holocaust was the systematic, bureaucratic, state-sponsored persecution and murder of approximately six million Jews by the Nazi regime and its collaborators.”  According to Hitler and his writings, he truly believed he was doing the will of God. I am sad to admit that as a Christian I can remember thinking that the Jews were reaping their just reward for crucifying Jesus. It didn’t seem to bother me that 6 MILLION Jews including women and children were being brutally murdered because after all look at what they did to Jesus. Looking back now, I can clearly see how deeply indoctrinated I was into the Christian faith and I am truly ashamed of myself.

Image

How sick must one person be to actually think that these children deserved this type of treatment? Well, to answer that question let’s look at what Adolf Hitler had to say,  “My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter.  It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth!  was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.  In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders.  How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison.  To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross.  As a Christian I have no duty to allow my self to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice…  And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows . For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.”  –Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed.  The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942).

According to Hitler he was going God’s will. Well, lets look at God’s will for a moment: Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he set himself against him on the way while he was coming up from Egypt. Now go and strike Amalek and utterly destroy all that he has, and do not spare him; but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.” 1 Samuel 15:2-3). Isn’t that interesting? God had Saul kill EVERY man, woman, CHILD, INFANT and all the livestock. There is no telling what those EVIL livestock did to deserve death, but we do have to keep our eyes open for all deadly sheep out there!

So, I will leave it up to you to make your own assumption about whether Hitler, the Christian that he claimed to be, was doing God’s work and following in God’s footsteps OR was he simply using his religion to justify the killing of millions? I wonder if someone tried to stop he if he would claim that they are infringing on his religious rights?

Advertisements

Tagged: , , , , ,

20 thoughts on “Was Hitler doing God’s work?

1. bibletruth777 March 1, 2014 at 7:28 PM Reply

Interesting blog and the title did catch my eye, but the problem is not everyone who “claims” to be a Christian is truly one. It’s also interesting that It’s Old Testament quoted concerning this when being a Christian is part of the New covenet in Christ not the old of Abraham.

So how do we figure out who truly is and who just claims the name.
    1. Love does this person walk in love , Hitler surely did not.

1 John 3: 14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.

15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

17 But whoso hath this world’s good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

2. Are they real or counterfeit?
    Jesus said in the latter days many will claim to be prophets doing His will but we will know wether they are true are not by what? Signs and wonders? No…Deeds or works? No …but we know if they are workers iniquity or as translated (contempt and violation of law, iniquity, wickedness)
    Hitler certainly did violate all mans and Gods laws he was a flagrant practicer of iniquity he did not walk in love or the “New Covenant” he was plainly seen as a false Christian and it’s unfair to judge the “real” thing by counterfeits, we have counterfeit money floating around but that doesn’t stop us from cashing our pay checks and we don’t blame our government or employers if a counterfeit bill pops up we still continue to work for it. So we as well should not blame God or Jesus or genuine Christians for the counterfeits out there who give the genuine a bad name.

Matthew 7:21-23

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The word of God is the judge and Hitler fails no love & worker of iniquity he does not pass the test of a Christian.

Also Hitler did not just kill Jewish people approximately 250000 to 500000 Gypsies were murdered and a conservative estimates suggest that at least 5,000 physically and mentally disabled German children perished as a result of the child “euthanasia” program during the war years.
    This man was demonic and simply on a killing spree not just Jews who he thought deserved it but even Germans and Romania Gypsies.

• noreligionrequired March 1, 2014 at 7:51 PM Reply

Thank you for your response. I figured this topic would garner a few comments. First and foremost, thank you for reading my blog. I welcome ALL people to read and consider although I know some are reading for the purpose of trying to take down the evil Atheist. You are right when you say that Hitler did not only kill Jews, but for the purpose of this post I focused on the Jews simply because of what I used to think when I considered myself a Christian. I would like, in the spirit of peace, of course, to share a few verses with you.

Luke 14:26 – “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple.”

Matthew 10:34-36 – “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law— a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.”

Isn’t interesting that how people will use the “feel good” verses when they are trying to prove the goodness of Christianity but they seem to forget the verses that being out the bad about Christianity? They always seem to miss the MILLIONS of people killed by God in the Bible and only focus on the good. We see this a lot when Christians talk about the flood. They focus on all the animals and Noah but seem to forget the millions of people and animals that were drowned to death. I was the same way as a Christian, it was easy to overlook those things because I had my “god glasses” on, but now, after taking off my god-glasses and actually reading the Bible with reason and logic, I can see all the murder, rape, incest, kidnappings and every other brutality done in the name of a loving God.

Thanks again for reading and I look forward to more conversations in the future.

• bibletruth777 March 4, 2014 at 12:25 AM

Hello, and thanks for responding and welcoming me to your blog.
        I’d like to say first off I had no idea you was a Atheist and certainly would never call anyone a “evil atheist”. I just found your post interesting.

Second in responce to Noah and the flood Noah begged and preached for 100 years to the ppl on earth at the time ( not sure that it would be millions back then) telling them what was going to happen, they heard the hammer everyday as he made the Ark they mocked him and chose to turn their eyes and hearts away until the day the first drop of rain fell. If I warn you of harm and you refuse to take refuge it’s not my fault. 100 years is a long time to consider.

Ask yourself who was it that in those times of “the early church” which Jesus was talking about but the Apostles and Diciples who where fed to lions who where beheaded who where boiled in oil, set on fire, impaired, hung on crosses , through end in dungeons, Christians were the first martyred for their beliefs and many by their family members.
        Jesus was telling the new church what was to come.

Like I said I’m a New Covenet Christian acording to the teachings of Jesus He taught us to love our enemies, to pray for those who despitefully use us, to turn the other cheek, He was our example He forgave the very people who beat Him spit on Him mocked Him and nailed Him to the cross.

I’m sorry you feel that people see atheist as evil I surely do not and I think it is a stereotype to think all Christians do, like I said don’t blame the genuine for the counterfeits if they walk in hate = counterfeit if they walk in love = Genuine Christian.

Thanks for the interesting blog

• noreligionrequired March 4, 2014 at 8:25 PM

I am an atheist. However, I am not an angry atheists or at least not anymore lol. I spent 30 years as a Christian before leaving religion for good. If you are interested in hearing why I left religion you can listen to my de-conversion story by clicking here.

As far as Noah is concerned. I do understand your perspective on his preaching for 100 years and I can also understand your thoughts on people hearing the hammering. However, he was building a 450 ft vessel in the middle of the desert. Anyone would certainly mock someone for building a ship in the desert. Then when the person building a ship in the desert told me that God told him to do it, I would label him as insane and continue on.

“If you warned me of harm and I refused to take refuge it’s not your fault” well that is definitely one way to look at it. If you told me that an invisible man in the sky that you have never seen, touched, smelled, or actually heard his audible voice, told you to warn me of some pending doom, I would think you had fallen off your rocker.

“Third your scriptures above is talking about putting Jesus first in our lives above all even our family’s IF they are unbelievers who would try to pursued you back into the world we become their “enemies” because we (Christians) will not continue in a life style of unbelief and the sword represents what “unbelieving” people will use on believers.”

Wow…okay, I have never heard it explained that way. This is a first for me. I would like to ask you if you believe that Jesus meant every word he said? My reason for asking is that so many people place their own meanings on the words of Jesus to make the verses feel good or work for them. So many people are happy to tell me what Jesus “really” meant as if they have the ability to read his mind. I would question how they know without any shadow of a doubt what Jesus meant when he used words like “hate” unless they were there to question him. I believe if Jesus really did exist he would be smart enough to know what the word ‘hate’ means and I do not think that he wouldn’t use such a harsh word without having the intention to use it as it is intended.

I am so thankful that you would stop by my blog and please understand that I am in no way trying to lead you away from your Christian beliefs. The reason I started this blog was to bring some of the obscure scriptures that lead me away from Christianity to light. There are so many people our there that no clue that these verses are in the Bible, so I am proud to present them for everyone to read and consider. I will never tell anyone what to think, or how to think, I will only ask them TO think and consider. So please continue to visit and if at anytime I offend you please accept my apology now. I do have a tendency to be brutal in my descriptions but its only due to my passion for what I am trying to accomplish.

• bibletruth777 March 5, 2014 at 1:32 AM

Hi again, I know your not trying to lead me away from my faith I understand that your expressing your opinion and that’s what blogs are about. Just like I’m not trying to push my faith down your throat but I’m trying to show you what I think from my perspective.
        I respect your opinion even if I don’t agree and I’m glad your open minded and fair enough to post my thoughts in return, I think it’s a good thing to express what we think even if we don’t agree, and with that said I can see your points I just see them from a different view.

To answer your last statement as to people telling you what Jesus meant when He said something, I think you have to look at the scripture in entirety and context. As to why they get that understanding of it.
        In Luke 14: 26 he was talking on giving up everything and following Him even giving up the love for yourself, Jesus made that very clear. And no one should come before Him if you chose to follow Him , in fact He tells us before we start to ” count the cost”

Let’s look at the scripture and the verses surrounding it, I chose the Amplified Version because it translates it from the original Greek or Hebrew so we get a better understanding.

25 Now huge crowds were going along with [Jesus], and He turned and said to them,
        26 If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his [own] father and mother [[g]in the sense of indifference to or relative disregard for them in comparison with his attitude toward God] and [likewise] his wife and children and brothers and sisters—[yes] and even his own life also—he cannot be My disciple.
        27 Whoever does not persevere and carry his own cross and come after (follow) Me cannot be My disciple.
        28 For which of you, wishing to build a [h]farm building, does not first sit down and calculate the cost [to see] whether he has sufficient means to finish it?

When I read that I feel that scripture means not to hate as in having bad feelings toward them as in you could murder or harm them or wish bad on them but as in the terms of disgust with the “worldly” lifestyle compared to a ” born again” life style or to “love” the old way of life you had before being saved and having a regenerated heart and spirit.
        It’s hard for me to express what I’m trying to say, but as in not looking back.

And we have to remember it was not written in verse’s man later put the numbered verse in so we could find it easy that was a full conversation that was to read in its entirety.

I probably didn’t express my self right and to be honest we may never know exactly what The Lord meant in many verses he talked often using words with other meanings behind it like when talking about Pharisees teachings he said the ” leaven” of the Pharisees when referring to their teachings, and someone who is a chef could twist that to mean that Jesus thought they was bad cooks or something or for the lack of having bread.
        If we would have just read verse 6 we would see it in a completely different light.
        Mat 16:6
        Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Mat 16:7
        And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread.

Mat 16:8
        Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?

Mat 16:9
        Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?

Mat 16:10
        Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?

Mat 16:11
        How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?

Mat 16:12
        Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.

Thanks again for the interesting discussion.

• noreligionrequired March 5, 2014 at 11:39 PM

“In Luke 14: 26 he was talking on giving up everything and following Him even giving up the love for yourself,”

This comment really bothers me. Why would I give up loving myself? I can remember my grandmother, who was a very devout Christian, telling that before I could ever hope to genuinely love another, I have to learn to love myself and now according to the above comment, I am to give up loving myself and love only Jesus. I don’t understand the logic behind a comment like that. I know the Bible says that Jesus wants people to give up everything and follow him but why would a person choose to live a life of poverty? It seems to me that Jesus, if he actually exist, would want the very best for his people but instead he tells people it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than to enter the kingdom of heaven. What is wrong with being wealthy? It would seem that Jesus would want his followers to be wealthy so that they could do more to help others. I think it is fair to assume that a wealthy man can offer more help than a man who has given up everything he owns and is left with nothing.

“The bible speaks clearly about “not” hating so I don’t feel by the context that was written in that it meant “hate” as in malicious feelings of harm towards someone.”

When I read this comment I instantly thought of the Ten Commandments, specifically “though shall not kill”. God gave these rules to Moses for the people to follow yet God has killed many people in the Bible. In my most recent post God killed Uzzah because he touched the ark. Never mind that the reason he touched it was to stop it from falling to the ground, yet God didn’t care why he touched it before killing him. So if God would blatantly disregard his own commandment why wouldn’t Jesus actually mean the word ‘hate’.

Thanks again for responding and providing an interesting conversation. I love the fact that two people with opposing views can communicate without calling each other names and being disrespectful. I think is very important that these types of conversations take place because we aren’t the only ones who read them and they definitely give food for thought and that is whats most important to me; giving others something to think about and consider. So thank you very much for taking part. I value your opinion and thank you for sharing your thoughts and beliefs with me and the many other readers who will come across this conversation.

• bibletruth777 March 7, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Hello again..in responce It’s not the size of your bank account it’s wether it has a hold on you, if money caused you to cheat or lie to obtain it or harm your fellow man.

1 Tim 6: For the love of money is a root of all sorts of evil, and some by longing for it have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.”

Not having it but “loving” it more then anything.

That’s one of the most misunderstood scriptures let’s look at it

1. Jesus says it’s diffucult not impossible, because in order to be good at anything it takes up your most time notice Jesus said with MAN this is impossible but with God ALL things are possible ….He doesn’t need our money He just doesn’t want us to love it more then our fellow man or Him…in fact many of Gods mighty men of God where wealthy , David , Soloman, Paul, so on.

Matt19: 23 And Jesus said to His disciples, Truly I say to you, it will be difficult for a rich man to get into the kingdom of heaven.
        24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to go into the kingdom of heaven.
        25 When the disciples heard this, they were utterly puzzled (astonished, bewildered), saying, Who then can be saved from eternal death]?
        26 But Jesus looked at them and said, With men this is impossible, but all things are possible with God.

• noreligionrequired March 7, 2014 at 9:19 PM

I agree with you 100% on 1 Tim 6. It is indeed the most misquoted verse used. Do you have any questions for me? I don’t want this blog to seem like I’m always attacking Christians. I came out of Christianity so it’s the religion I know most about. I have studied other religions but I’m most familiar with Christianity; more specifically Southern Baptist. So if you have any questions for me about my De-conversion or anything else, please do not hesitate to ask. I will answer them honestly.

• bibletruth777 March 8, 2014 at 12:06 PM

I know your not attacking Chritians your just doing what we do here blogging and sharing your thoughts, I think it’s good to go back and forth sharing out thoughts in a civil respectful manner otherwise how will we know what each other is thinking.

Sometimes when I post something it doesn’t “read” the way I wanted to express myself, so I hope that I haven’t in any way been disrespectful to you or anyone one else because that’s not what I’m about.
        I’m not a big “religious” person I’m a christain and to be honest my story is unusal because I was not raised in a church going home, in fact quite the opposite.
        Some ppl have a hard time understanding that and think I was indoctrinated as a child when indeed I was not. I didn’t have a ” religious” experience I had a spiritual one.

And I respect others choice to believe or not but I feel many ppl have been hurt by religon and the counterfeits like Hitler and so many of those who “claim” to be Christian yet their fruits stink and are rotten, the bible says Matt 7:14 “Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”
        I’m honestly sick and tired of ppl ” claiming” to be Christians and the whole religious thing and being unfruitful, rude , and quite opposite of what Jesus teaches. It gives those of us who truly love The Lord and our fellow man a bad name.
        I’ve enjoyed tackling to you on your blog, thank a for your time ….take care

• noreligionrequired March 9, 2014 at 12:30 AM

I couldn’t agree with you more about religion. Religion makes rational people do irrational things. One of the reasons that I am creating a podcast for this blog is because it is so easy to misread what I’ve written and it is almost impossible to know the voice inflection behind the words typed. The reader places that they believe the inflection should be and it usually does more harm than good.

I am often amazed at some of the hateful things Christians say and do when they hear that I do not believe in their God. They can be quite brutal. To some extent I can understand their confusion because for years I thought atheism was of the devil. Now I understand it to be nothing more than a non-belief in a God or God’s.

2. trueandreasonable March 2, 2014 at 7:18 PM Reply

This sort of thing is very common on atheist websites.

Do we think Hitler was a believer based on what he said to an overwhelmingly Christian public or do pay more attention to what he said in private to his close confidants? If you are rational this is not a hard question. If you have a very strong agenda against Christianity well….

If you follow what he said in public then I guess you think he really wanted peace as well. 🙂

Your post is not much different when it comes to giving such a misleading view of Hitler. Indeed you are doing his work by continuing to misrepresent Hitler to be what he wanted people to think he was.

I would direct you to my comments on the other atheist blog that did the same.

Atheists almost always tend to misrepresent the historical record on Hitler’s beliefs, by only giving the public statements. They pretty much never include the private statements which more likely gave his real view. Perhaps you will post a blog based on what he said in more private quarters such as in his table talk?

I think how you react will tell us much about whether you are after truth or an agenda.

• noreligionrequired March 2, 2014 at 8:19 PM Reply

Thank you for your comment on this post. You may be right about Hitler, but that does not change the fact that he claimed to be a Christian. The one thing I couldn’t help but notice is there was no comment concerning the amalekites genocide. I am definitely interested in hearing your thoughts on it and whether or not you are able to justify the brutal killing of innocent children and infants.

• trueandreasonable March 2, 2014 at 8:39 PM

I really don’t have allot of thoughts on Amalekites in particular.

But in general I do have some comments about the flood of bible quotes that atheists use from the old testament.

1) They are not always to be read literally.

2) God created all people and he does in fact have a right to take our lives. Just like if you make a robot you have a right to destroy it. I realize that hurts many peoples pride but it’s true.

3) I think the Church is just as important as the bible. It is through Church tradition that we learn which books should be included in the bible. We also have the Church to guide us in interpretation and where to focus our thoughts.

For example in church today we read this old testament reading:

“But Zion said, “The LORD has forsaken me, my Lord has forgotten me.”
        Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.” Isaiah 49:14-15

Meanwhile you were brooding over the Amalekites.

I tend to sit back and watch atheists and fundamentalists argue about obscure biblical passages and focus on what my church, and my consciences thinks I should focus on.

• noreligionrequired March 3, 2014 at 9:58 PM

If the Bible is truly God inspired, how can a mortal human make the assumption about what verses should and should not be taken literal? If the bible truly is God’s instructions to all humanity, why make it so damned confusing? Why not say EXACTLY what he wanted so say? If I were to write instructions to my son, I would not send it to Korea and have them translate it into Korean then have it sent to China and have them translate from Korean to Chinese, then send it to some other country before it reached back to him in America after being translated back into English. I would write out exactly what I expected so there would be no confusion. But not God apparently. He would rather write something so confusing that people 2000 years later are still arguing over what is actually said and what each word means. Often times, people change the meanings of words to make it fit into their own agenda. They will tell you that ‘hate’ doesn’t actually mean hate. Really?

3. trueandreasonable March 3, 2014 at 11:45 PM Reply

“To say that God created everything and has every right to destroy it all seems like a cop-out to me. It is what I often hear when someone does not have a viable answer. “Well God created it and he can do whatever he wants with it.” seems to be the catch all comment.”

I am not sure why this seems like a cop out. It is at the very root of our moral views of property rights. Lets say you pick up a branch off the ground of a public park. Anyone could pick up that branch and burn it, but you pick it up and carve it into a wooden statue. It then becomes your statue. Others would no longer have a right to destroy it. But you would retain the right to destroy it.

“I can’t speak for all Atheists, but I can speak for myself…the reason I place my attention on those “obscure” verses is because it is those verses that show God’s true humility of lack there of. All throughout the bible God allows and orders horrible, horrible things such as forcing a rape victim to marry her rapist. How can anyone say that is a morally correct?

I think you should continue to focus on those verses that focus on what your church and your conscience thinks you should focus on. Most people refuse to consider the verses I am presenting in this blog. Hell, I was one of those people and I hated reading those verses due the horrible light they shed on God.”

I wasn’t aware of Gods command that we marry the people who rape us. But there are no doubt some very strict (even “odd” and “unjust” by modern standards after 2000 years of christian morals being taught) laws in the Old Testament. The Judaic Law was very harsh no doubt. Many of these laws were fulfilled in Christ and we now operate under the new covenant.

Again you keep calling God horrible but its because you refuse to recognize the truth of how the universe is ordered according to the authors of the books. Just like you would not be considered unjust for destroying your own creation for whatever reason this is so for God. It is the same logic as what I described earlier about your creations, but our pride makes us think that logic doesn’t apply to us.

“I realize you think the church is just as important as the Bible. I will admit that comment threw me a bit because most Christians hold the Bible in such high regard that it far surpasses everything else. I don’t know much about Catholicism, so maybe Catholics are the only Theist that feel that way. I can speak from experience when I say Southern Baptist do not feel that way.

i enjoy talking with you because I am learning the Catholic religion through you. So, keep the lesson coming!”

First I would point out that there are likely more Catholics than all the other protestant denominations combined.

The Catholic view is that Christ came and built his church on which Peter was the foundational rock. Christ did not come and write his bible. Of course, many in the early church did write things that the Church has teaches were inspired by God. But note the bible does not even say which books should be considered part of the bible. And in fact there is disagreement between protestants and Catholics.

But I do not think inspired means it was transmitted by God like the Muslims believe the Koran was transmitted by God through Muhammad’s trance like statements. There was still human authorship as well.

Vatican II Dei Verbum,” (Constitution on Divine Revelation). Article 11 discusses the inspiration and inerrancy of scripture states:
    “…we must acknowledge that the books of Scripture firmly, faithfully, and without error teach that truth which God, for the sake of our salvation, wished to see confided to the Sacred Scriptures.”

Some Catholics think this means we believe everything was inerrant others tend to think this means its only the truths for the sake of our salvation. Its never been a big deal to me. The whole inerrancy thing is not really something I care much about. I think the Holy Spirit works in the Church and with the authors of the bible but I am not so sure people really know exactly how this works.

The teaching “bible alone” is self defeating. No where in scripture does it say to follow scripture alone.

I know you asked a whole slew of other questions in the first paragraph and I am not ignoring them. But I am hoping to publish a blog on some of those questions myself.

• noreligionrequired March 4, 2014 at 7:39 PM Reply

“I wasn’t aware of Gods command that we marry the people who rape us.”

You not being aware of Deuteronomy 22:28-29 (NIV – If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels[a] of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives.) is the very reason that I created this blog.

4. trueandreasonable March 5, 2014 at 9:10 AM Reply

I wasn’t aware of that translation. I was aware of the King James version where it says:

” If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.”

And Douay Rheims 1899

” If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, who is not espoused, and taking her, lie with her, and the matter come to judgment:
    29 He that lay with her shall give to the father of the maid fifty sides of silver, and shall have her to wife, because he hath humbled her: he may not put her away all the days of his life.”

Unlike the NIV version these version do not indicate whether the damsel gave consent. It might be a matter of interpretation or translation.

If this single verse out of Deuteronomy is the very reason you created this blog I will assume you have gone back to the Greek to confirm NIV has a better translation than King James or Douay Rheims.

“I think most people sit in their church and only focus on those verses that their pastor uses for the day and they do not take the time to read the Bible for themselves. Maybe it’s a good thing…look what it did for me lol.”

There is a new covenant in Christ. These rules no longer apply to Christians. It seems you didn’t realize this. We no longer abstain from pork or follow many of the regulations of the Old Testament.

There are so many different Christian Churches that it is hard to know
    what your church taught. If your pastor taught a woman was commanded to marry the man who raped her based on Deuteronomy, I wonder what he would say about John 8. Perhaps your pastor did not teach that and this is just your individual reading of Deuteronomy.

I find that many atheists pretend Christians believe some thing they themselves interpret from the bible and then Criticize Christians for holding this belief that they really don’t hold.

• noreligionrequired March 5, 2014 at 10:58 PM Reply

Im a little confused, what do you think it means to lay hold of someone? As a police officer when I took hold of someone it meant I restricted their movement through arrest. I think most people would agree that when the Bible uses words take hold of it means they were taken against their will. Then for the KJV to say that after laying hold of her he laid with her, how can you see this as anything other than a rape?

There are MANY verses that led me to create this blog and anyone who had followed this blog has seen over 20 post on verses that made me start this blog and there are MANY more coming in the future. It’s very easy to say you assume that I went back to the Greek to confirm the NIV when in fact the NIV is one of multiple translations of the Bible.

I’ve heard on multiple occasions that we live under the new covenant and the rules in the OT does not apply, Its funny that people use this because didn’t Jesus say he did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill it? I can’t help but wonder which law he supposedly came to fulfill?

5. Jay August 22, 2015 at 11:14 PM Reply

Hello just want tell every one thanks for all the comments and personal thoughts . I want to start saying I think hitler was a evil man. I have never read the bible but if my son was to pick up any book and read good and bad in it I would tell him take the good always. They are people and books that can help you be a better person or worst . But the Ten Commandments mean good. Who wants to some one kill there love ones . So my dad always said take the good out of everything you do like reading . Also work all the above. And my father always said don’t do Good things that seem bad or Bad things that seem
    good. I think there is a GOD something of a better power a spirit . Some times I feel it . And I want to say I’m a Christian but I don’t go church like I should. I don’t drink I don’t smoke it’s weird that some people think because I don’t go church like they do that I party or drink but we all go based on majority. Thanks for the blog

• noreligionrequired August 23, 2015 at 8:57 PM Reply

Hi Jay,
      Thank you for responding to my post. I take issue with people reading a book like the Bible and taking only the “good parts” and forgetting the bad. If the Bible is the holy word of a living God, would you agree that it (god) intended for the entire body of work to be taken in it’s entirety? Even in Revelations the Bible say not to add or remove anything from the book. I understand that you call yourself a xtian but I must ask why? If you have never read the Bible, what are you basing your faith off of? Secondly, you said that you think there is a God “something”. Why does there have to be a God Something? Is it possible to live a good life and care for the welfare of others without said God Something? I would love to have a deeper conversation on these matters if you are interested in doing so.