Does God reward good deads?

ark

This is one of those stories that leave me scratching my perfectly shaped bald head. As a child I remember being told that God rewards all good deeds, but does he? Let’s see.

When they came to the threshing floor of Nakon, Uzzah reached out and took hold of the ark of God, because the oxen stumbled. The Lord’s anger burned against Uzzah because of his irreverent act; therefore God struck him down, and he died there beside the ark of God.(2 Samuel 6:6-7 NIV)

Well, well, well, look at how gracious God was for Uzzah’s loving attempt to keep the ark from falling to the ground. Does it surprise you that God killed Uzzah for trying to do a good dead? It doesn’t surprise me one bit because I’ve come to see God for what he really is; a hateful,  unforgiving tyrant with no appreciation for his own creation.

I can hear the rebuttal ‘s now as I type out this post, “you know nothing of God’s mercy”, “God’s ways are higher then our ways”, it’s the same old dribble, over and over again. The bottom line is this, there is no justification for God killing an innocent man for trying to save the ark. Where is God’s appreciation? I would think that God would award Uzzah, not kill him!

My Christian friends would tell you that his death WAS the reward because now he is living for all eternity with God in heaven, give me break!

So much for God rewarding good deeds. This is just another example of God’s lack of love of humanity and his deep love for killing.

Advertisements

Tagged: , , , , , ,

6 thoughts on “Does God reward good deads?

1. hitchens67 March 6, 2014 at 4:26 AM Reply

There are so many deluded people who actually cringe before this amoral specter!

• noreligionrequired March 6, 2014 at 7:36 PM Reply

I completely agree. I was thinking today about all the people who are essentially walking around with the constant fear of hell and of a nonexistent devil. In a way I can’t help but feel sorry for them because I remember being in their shoes.

It was such a freeing feeling finally be out from under the invisible dictator in the sky. I can finally be the person I want to be without having to worry about losing some special gift that I get when I die.

• chandlerklebs March 10, 2014 at 4:29 PM

I also feel sorry for them. They don’t understand that there is a better way. My question is, if they are so afraid of an invisible dictator, then how can they resist a visible dictator?

• noreligionrequired March 10, 2014 at 5:01 PM

That is an awesome question! I have never thought of it that way and I’m going to give that question some thought before I impose my answer.

• hitchens67 March 13, 2014 at 5:32 PM

I was one myself, but no more. I now do good things because it is the right thing to do, not because I will end up the Devil’s shish kabob if I don’t!

• hitchens67 March 13, 2014 at 5:33 PM

We are all now just frewitt uv thee Devillll!